Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thrift Store Finds


This is the project that I'm working on for my husband. He found both of these pieces at the DI for a total of $15.00. He wants them to use as map drawers for all of his fossils. So, I get to fix these up for him. He wants the top and the drawer fronts to be stained an oak color and then the sides of the dresser are formica, so they have to stay black. It has taken forever to sand down just this much, but I'm slowly working on it. I have already filled in the holes in the top of the dresser with wood filler and sanded it down, and then fixed the front edging that was falling off. It might be a while before this is done, but I'm working on it.


This beauty is also from the same DI that I got the desk from. I love it! It needs nothing done to it but a new drawer pull. I hate gold stuff and that was the first thing I took off. It does have very tiny/few scratches, but this sofa table is perfect for only $20.00. It's something that you just can't pass up when you find it.


This is the desk that I found at the DI by my sister's house. It was $45.00, way more than I usually spend on anything, but I have been looking for something exactly like this to go in my laundry room. I love it and it is the perfect size and shape for the narrow room. It is really old and sturdy, too. It has great molding around the bottom too. I have sanded down all of the dent and scratches from the top, but I haven't decided what color to make it. I'm not sure if I should do it off-white or if I should just restain it. I hate staining, I'm horrible at it and it is very messy. I really am trying my hardest not to just paint it black since that would match everything else in my new laundry room. Ackk!!! I can't decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment