Friday, August 7, 2009

From Drab to Fab Chair Reupholster #1

I got a set of three chairs from my in-laws, but they were a strange color of green. This is my first attempt at reuphostering anything, so it was a learning experience, to say the least. Not too bad, though. It took me about a month to finish, because I left her sitting in the garage until I finished all the nailhead trim and attached the back. Our dog died in the middle of this project, so I didn't work on it for a while. So, when inspiration struck one day, I started taking this one apart.

6 hours later, my hand was numb and my arm was throbbing, but she had great cushions so I didn't mess with them.

I spray-painted the legs and arms black and she is beautious, if I do say so myself. She could have used a little bit more tightening, but I love her and she is very comfortable to sit in.

The nailhead trim was the hardest part and was hard to keep in a semi-straight line, but I'm glad I stuck it out. I love it. The fabric I got from Hobby Lobby for like $7.99/yd. and the nailhead trim I got from good-old Wal-Mart for about $1.50/package. All in all, she cost me about $25 to do.

Here she is, (not sure why I keep referring to her as HER) next to my two other projects. (More on those later.) When our new house is finally finished, she will go in my front room.

No comments:

Post a Comment