Friday, October 30, 2009

Fastest, Simplest, Most Delicious Rice Crispy Treats You'll Ever Eat. Guaranteed!



This is how my grandmother used to make rice crispy treats. At least, how I remember them.

Ingredients:

Rice Crispy Cereal



Carmel (for melting)



Marshmallows



Water

Wax Paper (tinfoil works, too)

Popsicle sticks (optional)

First, take the carmel and melt it on the stove according to package directions. Mine said to heat them on medium-low heat in a saucepan until melted. I recommend turning the heat off once your carmel is melted so that it doesn't get too hot and burn.

Next, take the marshmallows and stick a popsicle stick through the center.



Then, dip the marshmallow directly into the saucepan and twist until the entire marshmallow is covered in carmel. Twirl the stick to avoid any dripping.



Next, dip the carmel covered marshmallow into a bowl of rice crispy cereal and roll it around until covered.



Place the finished rice crispy treat onto a try covered in wax paper or tinfoil.

Let cool and enjoy! The refridgerator works really well to get the carmel to harden up enough that they aren't gooey or runny. See. That was easy, right?

9 comments:

  1. I love this and I bet my kids will too! Thanks for sharing this idea and recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom always made these too, and I have a couple of Christmas's. Might have to do them again this year! I use toothpicks though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now THAT is a fabulous idea. I've never seen it done that way! Great idea! I Tweeted about it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great idea!!! thanks for sharing!

    stopping over from sits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting from SITS :) Yum - I've never seen rice crispies used like this before!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM.

    YUM.

    YUM.

    And, it looks easy!

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm totally bookmarking this and trying it at home! Thank you!

    Stopping by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy! I must try this. Stopping by from SITS.

    I love the name of your blog - that is so me!

    Holly @ 504 Main

    ReplyDelete