Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Cheap & Easy Home Decor

It's DIY Day at A Soft Place to Land - Check it out!!!!



This is as cheap and easy as it gets. I bought two frames from DI and spray painted them with paint I already had. I used some leftover scrapbook paper and cut them into three strips of equal size to cover the 8"x10" frames and taped them together. I hot glued two flowers I had already in my craft stuff and added a button in the middle. I added two large rub-ons that I had picked up at the latest Scrapbook Expo. and hung them on the doors. Voila! Instant home decor and cheap/easy craft that my oldest helped me put together. It took all of 15 minutes once the spray paint was dry.

Picture frame - $1.00
Letter rub-ons - $1.00
Total - $2.00 craft multiplied by 2 since I made one for each of my children = $4.00



By the way, don't you just love my doors. They have that beadboard look to them and I looooooovvvve them!

6 comments:

  1. cute frames, and yes, I love the doors!
    gail
    myrepurposedlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea, I love it! And yes I looooove your doors, they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love personalized decor. :) Great job!

    Thanks for linking your projects - if you get the chance, please add the link or button? That way your readers can see all of the creative ideas! ;)

    It's so nice to meet you. I'm really enjoying all of your DIY creativity!
    R

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look so cute. I have the same doors as you. Don't you love them? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing design!! Casamodern Offers Quality Home Décor & More to Decorate Your Home in modern Style.

    ReplyDelete